Friday, August 13, 2010

Guitar Hero? Making a Very Special Quilt

Marty Miller and her Son Eric with his 'Guitar Hero'
I love quilting for my customers!  I love to hear the stories of why a quilt is made and who it's for.  Sometimes a very special quilt will come to me with a story that touches my heart.  It gives me a feeling of privilege to be a part of a customers special quilt.  One such customer is Marty Miller. I think many of us have kids that love to play video games to pass their time.  But Marty's son Eric took his love of the game Guitar Hero to levels that most of us won't see our kids go to.  In August 2008, Eric found himself at the Aerosmith Guitar Hero Contest in Boston, after several local and national competitions.  To Marty's surprise and pleasure, Eric won that contest.  He also won a really cool motorcycle.  Marty designed and made this quilt to show her love for her son to celebrate his special day in a way that only a Quilter could conceive of! 

Thanks Marty for sharing your story!


Eric with Steven Tyler of Aerosmith



No comments: