Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Quilting Vickie's Star, pieced by Donna Dowell

This is my first time putting something on 'YouTube' by myself.  It's titled "Quitting Vickie's Star" if you want to find it there.  So, yes, I misspelled the title and don't know how to fix it. I also just got the new HTC Evo phone by Sprint (LOVE IT) and I took the video with it.  I'm learning new stuff all the time!

This quilt was made by Donna Dowell of Springfield, Colorado.  She took a Block of the Month class at Justa Stitchin in Springfield CO.  They did a paper pieced quilt from Carol Doak's book "Mariners Compass Stars..".    It's a beautiful quilt!  We chose a design by Anne Bright called 'Swirling' and I used Citron Green thread by Perma Core. (I buy it at this warehouse.  Talk to Lenard @ 801-756-6016 if you want to order from them).  She also used a beautiful Batik that is the 'Signature' Fabric (so they always have it in stock) from a quilt shop she came across.  The store is called Kapaia Stitchery, in Lihue on the island of Kauai. I couldn't find a web site, but you can Google their name and get directions. If you look closely you can see the Sea Turtles and Coral patterns stamped into the Batik.  It's really stunning!  Sorry about how loud the machine is on the video.  I'm used to it.  I usually have 2 machines running and an air compressor (off and on) all day long.  When I turn everything off at the end of the day I get a little 'ahhhhh' moment to hear the quiet again. :-)
  Thanks Donna for sharing your quilt with us!



Signature fabric for Kapaia Stitchery in Lihue Hawaii

No comments: