Monday, September 13, 2010

FREDA'S FLOWERS QUILT by Freda's Hive

I have made so many friends though quilting.  One of them is Nannette Merrill of 'Freda's Hive.'  I covet most of the quilts that I quilt for her, but about a month ago I did one called 'Freda's Flowers Quilt' that I fell in love with.  I called her about 9:30 one evening while I was quilting it to express my utter envy of this quilt and to beg her to make me one (I don't make quilts anymore that take more than 5 hours to piece).  She told me that she needed to make another quilt using a 'Jelly Roll' for her pattern instructions and that she would make that one for me. She used '1933 Chloe's Closet from Moda for the 1930's prints and her border fabric was from 'Happy Trails.' These fabrics were bought from Material Girls in South Jordan, Utah. The rest of the fabric came from her stash. I have been on Cloud-Nine waiting for it and she gave it to me finished just yesterday.  (I did get it back so I could quilt it.  I used Anne Brights 'Geneleness' for the border and 'Gentleness e2e' for the edge to edge on the inside of the quilt. 
Close-up of the 'Gentleness' Border

'Freda's Flowers Quilt' by Freda's Hive

1 comment:

Retrogirl said...

Wendy,
Love Nanette's pattern and adore your quilting!! Thanks for the close ups of the border...AMAZING work.
=) Happy Quilting,
Heather